Middle Management Excellence Workshop
Middle level managers are the key contributors to the organization’s performance. Virtually, all major strategic initiatives have to be executed by the middle managers. Their flexibility and leadership skills will determine how able they are to tailor and adapt initiatives to the company’s challenging circumstances. Being a vital link between support functions and the top management team, involves a great amount of negotiating with peers, contractors and stakeholders. The potential to influence, impact and change is unique to this role.
A strong middle management team will produce outstanding operational results, easing the need for top managers to oversee and intervene directly in day-to-day operations.
Knowledge Valley provides participants with the opportunity for reflection, feedback, skill refinement and planning for change.
DEVELOP INSIGHT INTO CHANGE MANAGEMENT PLANS ENHANCED PERSUASION SKILLS ABILITY TO COACH TEAM MEMBERS
Key Focus Areas of the Workshop:
● Understanding the role of a middle manager.
● Understanding various stake-holder’s perceptions and their behaviors.
● Manager’s role in setting individual and group objectives.
● Conducting effective business reviews.
● Business communication with internal and external stake holders.
● What to delegate and methods to monitoring progress
● How to provide effective feedback under difficult situations
● Handling team conflicts and performance related issues.
● Coaching Concepts
The workshop encourages self-reflection and learning about existing and new skills and theories of leadership and management. Experiential learning will be an integral part of the workshop, which will engage in a variety of activities, simulations and experiments. Simulations will encourage and improve group dynamics, communication and decision making skills.
● Able to enhancing self & team performance.
● Better understanding & value the multiple roles played by the middle manager.
● Develop insight into change management plans Enhanced persuasion skills Ability to coach team members.
Who should attend
Managers who interact with multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) or for mid level individual contributing managers who wish to strengthen their ‘Managerial Effectiveness’ and ‘Influencing Skills’.